UAE GOLDEN VISA
What Is UAE Golden Visa?
In 2019, ten-year UAE golden visas were announced for select residents. Exactly as it sounds, if you have a UAE golden visa, you have residency in the UAE for 10 years. This residency is not tied to a particular employer and doesn’t need to be renewed every two to three years.
UAE golden visas enable expats to live, work and study in the UAE without the need for a national sponsor and with 100 per cent ownership of their business on the UAE’s mainland. This golden residency scheme is renewable and reserved
for certain categories ranging from investors to individuals with exceptional talents.
Golden Visa UAE Benefits and Advantages
- an entry visa for six months with multiple entries followed by the issuance of residency permits
- a long-term, renewable residence visa valid for 10 years
- a self-sponsored visa
- ability to stay outside of the UAE for any amount of time without having their visa nullified
- sponsoring their family members, including spouses and children regardless of their ages
- sponsoring an unlimited number of domestic helpers
- allowing family members to stay in the UAE until the end of their permit duration in the event the primary holder of the Golden Visa passes away
Golden Visa UAE Rules
As of now, the eligible categories of the UAE Golden Visa have been expanded. Among the new addition are professionals, specialists, and exceptional talents. The changes also extend to additional entry permits and visas to accommodate tourists, business travellers, job seekers, friends and relatives of UAE residents wishing to enter the country.
Additional benefits for family members of Golden Visa holders include the ability to stay in the UAE for the full duration of the golden residency even if the holder passes away. An extended grace period of up to six months following expiry or cancellation has also been introduced. Golden Visa holders may now sponsor an unlimited number of domestic workers under the new rule.
Finally, the threshold for real estate and property investment to obtain the Golden Visa has been lowered to AED 2 million. This applies not just to real estate investors but to all categories including students, skilled workers, and exceptional talents.
Changes to the Golden Visa system will allow for even more accessibility for foreign nationals to live, work, conduct business and study in the UAE without requiring a national sponsor.
- Golden Visa holders in Abu Dhabi will be entitled to discounts and offers on cars, property, health care, hospitality, health insurance and banking services. The Resident’s office has teamed up with companies across a range of industries to offer the incentives.
- under the Abu Dhabi Residents Office’s commercial partnerships, Abu Dhabi golden visa holders will be entitled to discounts on selected properties from developer Imkan Properties.
- banks, including Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and First Abu Dhabi Bank, will offer real estate golden visa investors reduced mortgage fixed-interest rates and nonreal estate investors attractive rates on savings accounts.
- the holders will also be entitled to reduced premiums on annual health insurance plans for families and individuals, with diverse network coverage and a bundle of benefits both inside and outside the UAE.
- Golden visa holders will also be eligible for price reductions on cars and will receive priority booking for new releases, in addition to special payment facilities, maintenance offers and licensing services.
- they will receive special offers for dining, spa treatments, gyms and stays at selected hospitality
As stated by the authorities, foreign residents in Dubai who have a golden visa and a driving license from their home country can now take a UAE driver’s test without needing extra lessons.
Additionally, if the golden visa holders have a license from one of 32 approved countries, including the US, the UK, Australia, Italy, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, New Zealand, Qatar, Kuwait, and Ireland, they will automatically be eligible for a UAE driver’s license.
Esaad Privilege Card
The Dubai Media Office has announced that Golden Visa holders in Dubai will be gifted the coveted Esaad privilege card. The card will be provided free of charge to holders of 5-year and 10-year Golden Visas in Dubai.
categories of Golden Visa holders in Dubai will receive the Esaad card.
These categories include
- Investors in public investment funds
- Real estate investors
- People with specialised talents and researchers in science and knowledge, such as scientists, doctors, specialists, inventors
- Creative people in culture and art
- Executive directors
- Specialised academics
- Professional sportspeople
- PhD degree holders specialising in engineering or science, humanitarian aid workers
- Outstanding university and high-school graduates
Golden Visa UAE eligibility
With an aim of attracting the world’s best talents, the UAE has now implemented considerable amendments to its Golden Visa scheme by expanding the eligibility categories. Golden visa holders will be eligible to sponsor their family members,
irrespective of their age, and domestic staff without any restrictions to their numbers.
Potential Golden Visa holders may obtain a six-month, multiple-entry visa to assist them with issuing the long-term residency. As per the ICA, the permit can be extended for a similar period to facilitate the completion of procedures for
obtaining a golden residency.
Moreover, there is no restriction related to the maximum duration of six months outside the UAE to keep the Golden Visa valid. As per the Official Portal of the UAE Government, those eligible for the Golden Visa are as follows:
Golden Visa UAE for professionals
A major expansion to the Golden Visa eligibility category, the Golden Visa for professionals applies to all fields and disciplines, including but not limited to education, law, science and engineering, information technology, social sciences, and numerous others.
Golden Visa UAE for real estate investors
Real estate investors may obtain the Golden Visa if they fulfil one of the following conditions:
- purchase a property worth no less than AED 2 million, or
- purchase a property with a loan from specified local banks, or
- purchase one or more completed or off-plan properties no less than AED 2 million from a list of approved local real estate companies
Golden Visa UAE for entrepreneurs and start-up owners
Start-up investors may now obtain a Golden Visa, provided their company is registered within the UAE and it should fall under the small and medium enterprises (SME) category with annual revenues of AED 1 million or above.
Golden Visa UAE for exceptional talents
Under the category of exceptionally talented individuals, talented individuals in the field of art, culture, digital technology, sports, innovation, medicine, law and others are eligible to apply for the Golden Visa scheme.
Moreover, the 10-year Visa will be awarded solely based on the talent of the individual. It will not depend on educational qualification, employment status, monthly salary, or professional status. However, the recommendation or approval of a federal or local government entity will be required.
Golden Visa UAE for engineers
Specialized talents, engineers, and researchers in various fields of science and knowledge are eligible for a Golden Visa residency period of 10 years without a sponsor and subject to renewal (granted to the applicant and his family member).
Golden Visa UAE for scientists
The Golden Visa will now be granted to scientists and researchers who meet the following conditions:
• have a PhD or master’s degree in engineering, technology, life sciences and natural sciences from the world’s best universities.
• must have a recommendation from the Emirates Scientists Council to avail of this Visa.
Golden visa UAE for skilled workers
Skilled workers can qualify for the Golden Visa scheme, provided:
• they hold a valid contract of employment in the UAE
• the job must fall under the occupational level one or two as defined by the Ministry of Human Resources Emiratisation.
• the minimum monthly salary is not less than Dh30,0000
• the skilled worker must have a bachelor’s degree as well.
Golden visa UAE for outstanding students and
Students with exceptional academic excellence, having obtained high scores either in UAE secondary schools or universities are also eligible to apply for the 10-year Visa.
Furthermore, talented students and graduates who have studied at the world’s 100 best universities are also eligible to apply for the Golden Visa scheme.
Golden Visa UAE for humanitarian pioneers
Humanitarian pioneers such as the following can get the Golden visa:
• distinguished members of international and regional organizations
• outstanding members of associations of public benefit
• recipients of recognition awards in humanitarian fields
• distinguished volunteers and sponsors of humanitarian efforts
Golden Visa UAE for doctors and nurses
The UAE has been granting doctors and nurses, the first line of defence, a longterm residency in “recognition of their efforts and sacrifices”.
All doctors licensed by the UAE health regulatory bodies can apply for the Golden Visa between July 2021 and September 2022 through the ICA’s golden residency services for doctors.
As of late, nurses and medical staff, the unsung heroes of the UAE’s COVID-19 fight, are now also eligible for receiving the prestigious Golden Visa.
Seven centres affiliated with the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship have been established across the Emirates for doctors and nurses who wish to apply for visas in person.