In 2019, the UAE implemented a new system for long-term residence visas. The new system enables foreigners to live, work and study in the UAE without the need of a national sponsor and with 100 per cent ownership of their business on the UAE’s mainland. These visas will be issued for 5 or 10 years and will be renewed automatically.
Eligibility for a 10-year visa
1.The applicant must have one of the following criteria:
- A deposit of not less than 10 million dirhams in an investment fund in the UAE
- A company with a capital of 10 million dirhams or a partner with a share of not less than 10 million dirhams
- Total investments of not less than 10 million dirhams (not less than 60% of total investment in real estate investment)
2. An investment in one or more properties with a total value of no less than AED5 million
3. In addition to the above conditions, the following is required: